Can you help me with greens please? :)

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
hirisov
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Re: Can you help me with greens please? :) tried to keep natural.
In reply to westpix, Oct 29, 2012

Allen,

the horizontal surfaces weren't this orangeish but more into the green, but i really like what your version of the mountains, a bit more cold than i remember but you managed to get a really nice tone there and an overall nice natural look!

Lylejk,

indeed real is not always the best, i like your vivid color and the ruins (the horizontal surfaces) are closer tone wise to the hills than my version. Your retouch on the other image gave me an idea to ask if somebody feels like try to use that and color simialr to this: http://www.saudek.com/en/jan/hlasovani.html?fid=32- i'm amazed by  Saudek's work, and i know the picture isn't ideal probably for this kind of retouching, but hey maybe I've uploaded the raw for the 2nd picture here in case somebody feels like giving it a try:https://www.dropbox.com/s/74py9hwis6e1xts/IMG_4692.CR2

Claude,

thanks, your version has a nice, more natural tone than my attempt, i think the ruins were similar but maybe a bit more warm, my poblem is when i tried to make it more warm the horizontal green surfaces popped out too much.

Melissa,

nice intensive colors, thought i think (just like my version) the horizontal green surfaces seems a bit too intensive, don't you think?

Gery,

i really like your painting-like version, you managed to break up the monotonity of the horizontal surfaces in a nice way!

Dave,

excellent work on the horizontal green surfaces, the look really nice, and overall the whole image has a nice, balanced netural feeling. You mention a lot was done, i'd really appreciate if you could write some details about your process/decisions.

Thank you everybody for taking your time!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow