Started Jun 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Maxeyesore
Regular MemberPosts: 415Gear list
Like?
Re: Here's an ISO 1600
In reply to tbcass, Oct 29, 2012

tbcass wrote:

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

I will get round to doing a side-by-side when I have chance, but you're saying that the noise looks "good", so I will for now assume that this is what to expect from this sensor. Thanks.

I meant it looked good for zero noise reduction at iso 1600 for any APS-C sensor viewed at 100%. It is state of the art at the moment. If it isn't satisfactory for you then you should go with a full frame camera or lower your expectations a bit.

Lol any apsc sensor. Who are you fooling? You can literally take any other modern body and it is better, either by slight or significant margins. Here we have Nikon, Canon, and Pentax compared with the a57, which is the best SLT for noise other than the a99. All three other brands surpass it, and not just with the one model each http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/studio-compare#baseDir=%2Freviews_data&cameraDataSubdir=boxshot&indexFileName=boxshotindex.xml&presetsFileName=boxshotpresets.xml&showDescriptions=false&headerTitle=Studio%20scene&headerSubTitle=Standard%20studio%20scene%20comparison&masterCamera=sony_slta57&masterSample=dsc00314.acr&slotsCount=4&slot0Camera=sony_slta57&slot0Sample=dsc00314.acr&slot0DisableCameraSelection=true&slot0DisableSampleSelection=true&slot0LinkWithMaster=true&slot1Camera=canon_eos7d&slot1Sample=canon7d_iso6400.acr&slot2Camera=pentax_k5&slot2Sample=imgp3873.acr&slot3Camera=nikon_d7000&slot3Sample=dsc1_1896.acr&x=-0.7787190190827074&y=1.5141879310129496&extraCameraCount=0 . He does have other options too, albeit maybe not one he wants depending on how many A mount lenses he has. Telling him to spend $3k or to lower his expectations is poor advice, there are greener pastures elsewhere.

-- hide signature --

Pentax...Find Your Element.

Maxeyesore's gear list:Maxeyesore's gear list
Sony SLT-A33 Pentax K-5 IIs
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow