Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,694Gear list
Like?
Just for fun comparison...
Oct 29, 2012

Obviously, this is not a "fair" comparison in that I'm comparing a high resolution image from the DP2 M with a 10 megapixel resolution shot from my little Nikon 1V1. The much higher resolution of the DP2 M is readily apparent. This is not to take anything away from the little Nikon which I really love. The closeup portion of this crop was just fine with both cameras, but the Nikon simply ran out of resolution for the distant crop.

I post this only to show what resolution can do in terms of distant detail. This is not meant to, in any way, put down the Nikon which is a dandy little cameras. Actually, I doubt if my old full frame Canon 1DS (11 megapixels) would have done much better than the 2.7x crop Nikon on this. The limits of resolution have simply been reached. What it does show is what really great resolution can do to show detail at great distances...

Lin

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

Canon EOS-1Ds Sigma DP2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow