Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
capnblinski
Contributing MemberPosts: 533Gear list
Like?
Re: fz200 converting from a raw file to view
In reply to SirLataxe, Oct 29, 2012

SirLataxe wrote:

Mr B,

Funnily enough I have a friend who still uses Adobe Photoshop 7 so I should have realised what you meant. That program is of venerable age now!

You'll be discovering the PP software you prefer by experiment (always the best way) but I will recommend (from extensive use myself) Version 6 of AdobeCameraRaw (ACR) that comes only with LightRoom 3 or CS5. ACR6 was a major improvement of Adobe's RAW development process over previous versions (which I also used for years).

I understand CS6 & LR4 have an even better ACR (Version 7) but this is the word of Photoshop guru-men as I haven't used it myself (not inclined to be arm-twisted into constant upgrades by Mr Adobe).

SirLataxe

Sir,

I was just thinking today about the prodigious amount of information to digest here, starting with a camera that should have a (at least) printed manual, to the 100's of pages of instructions in the viewing/editing programs. Yow – had I known there was all this info, I would've had second thoughts about buying a modern day super camera! My cellphone learning curve was enough.

So here's what I figured on:

• PhotofunStudio (maybe since Panny included)
  • SilkyPix 3.1 ( same reason)
  • FastStone Image Viewer (has great, albeit pdf, instructions)
  • Office Picture Manager (since I run MS OFFICE '03 on vista hp)
  • PhotoMe (everyone does, right?)

The Adobe is next now that I know the components to get. I thank you.
Now I can't wait to see how those 'negatives' I took look when viewed...

capnblinski's gear list:capnblinski's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow