Started Oct 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zambie
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
Eastern Himalayas - a retreat
Oct 29, 2012

Recently attended a friend's wedding that was taking place in the Darjeeling Himalayan region of India ... managed to spend 3-4 days visiting various places and it was an absolute treat.

Recently bought the 17-55 f/2.8 to compliment my 7d, and along with my Tokina 11-16 and the 70-200 it was fantastic to be able to capture different perspectives ...

Sharing some pictures of the trip

Up @ 4 am to capture this sunrise at 5 - tiger hill is a vantage point from which 3 countries apart from India are visible - Nepal to the left, confluence of Bhutan and China (off right), while Bangladesh is on the backside of this picture.

The Kangchenjunga range visible a li'll after sunrise

Darjeeling - a hill station that symbolizes utter chaos!

Wild flowers thrive as the forests below are shrouded in mist

Picture perfect tea garden - nothing like sipping on some piping hot Darjeeling tea and snacking on some momos

the odd one out

Finally!! I have my own version of the "mystic forest" picture

Buddhist good will flags fluttering in the wind

The Darjeeling Himalayan Railways - completed in 1881 - a true engineering marvel. It spans over 80 kms and was used primarily to ferry goods to the Darjeeling Himalayas from the plains in West Bengal. It's now converted into a world heritage spot. The steam engines are over 70-80 yrs old!! ... Unbelievable

An early morning surprise at Kurseong - an ocean of cotton candy clouds. Kurseong boasts of some of the best tea estates in the Darjeeling region

A quaint village path

Fabulous rural roads hug the tea plantations and forests and scenes like these are just an absolute deslight ...

A village hut

zambie's gear list:zambie's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 7D Pentax K-m (K2000)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow