Started Oct 29, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Upchurch
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Replacement for an EF-S 18-135mm
Oct 29, 2012

My Canon EF-S 18-135mm lens has started grinding the autofocus gears when I zoom in while shooting in burst mode.  I will see if Canon will fix this, but in the meantime I need a replacement of some sort.  I'm looking for a lens with around the same overall range of focal lengths, but it doesn't have to be an exact replacement.

Given the issues I've had with this lens, I'm reluctant to just get another of the exact same lens.  This was the kit lens that came with my Canon 60D and I've only owned it for about 6 months.  However, it has seen some rather heavy use (the 60D is approaching 20,000 images).  I suspect that this level of use and the somewhat hostile conditions I use it in (often on dust choked firing ranges) may have contributed to it's early breakage.

I would like a lens that can stand up to heavy use and somewhat hostile environmental conditions, and I'd rather spend money now on a lens that will last than have to go through this again in another six months.

Any recommendations as to which lenses I should look at?

ANSWER:
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow