Niagara Falls in the Autumn (C&C please)

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
skpman
Regular MemberPosts: 206
Like?
Re: They are all rather flat....
In reply to Chez Wimpy, Oct 29, 2012

Chez Wimpy wrote:

Indeed! I can post links to RAW files if necessary.

One thing you might want to play with is the vibrance slider in your raw / photo processor. As opposed to a straight saturation boost, the effect is less "even" and more subtle (and especially useful in fall). Even a shift of +10 can sometimes bring a subtle improvement when colors are drab. In the case of these photos, I agree that it is mostly down to lighting conditions, and partly because of the contrast/color robbing effect of the mist from the falls. A specific kind of (sometimes laborious) PPing with layers and masks in my experience. Also, from the EXIF it looks like you were shooting with the 14 and 45 primes... you also might try stitching with the 14 when the scenic FOV could use a little more, errr, FOV (the bridge with trees shot as a wider panorama, ect).

-- hide signature --

-CW

I was mostly shooting with the 14-45mm panny lens and sometimes the Oly 45mm/1.8. Since I've gotten that lens, I've been using my Oly 12-50mm much less. The sharpness on the Oly lens always has me wishing for a bit more... Can't sell it though because of the 12mm and macro functionality.

Vibrance and saturation are what I use to try to adjust color, but some shots are easier than others. These turned purple very soon with vibrance/saturation boosts. The weather definitely left photos a bit flat. These files were difficult to PP for me... I don't have any experience PPing with layers and masks so that's difficult for me... I wish I knew more about photoshop/LR!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow