LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: Most likely incorrect
In reply to HighLowISO, Oct 29, 2012

HighLowISO wrote:

bestbyte wrote:

rattymouse wrote:

The lenses come with metal hoods! This adds to the feel-good factor, as I found it annoying when paying a couple of thousand dollars for a Canon L lens, that I was then expected to pay out a crazy amount of money for a plastic hood.

Which Canon L lens comes without a hood? I have several L lenses and all came with hoods. Also, I have NEVER seen any Canon L lens not come with a hood from fellow photographers.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Mr Rattymouse!!! Clearly the OP meant paying crazy money (for L lens) for a plastic hood!! That's how I read him and believe me I am clinically dyslexic. When was the last time you saw a doctor?

That may be true, but I read it the other way as well. I would also suggest that for most Canon lens, plastic is a better material for the hood, but I know many would disagree.

Well plastic will not ellipse which is more easier with standard metal hoods, then you have problem to screw them on...on fuji the metal hood with rectangular barn is better as it will not ellipse and I think the whole rectangular construction is actually meant to prevent that.

But normally you don't want a circular metal hood, in a week of travel it may become be unusable.

Actually I prefer the old stinky collapsible rubber, it is undestroyable and stores flat.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow