What don´t you like about Einstein E640?

Started Sep 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
goodlucksdk
Regular MemberPosts: 404
Like?
Re: Photons? E=MC^2?
In reply to Joseph S Wisniewski, Oct 29, 2012

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

goodlucksdk wrote:

Einstein just sounds weird to me. Albert Einstein was a Physicist not a photographer. I don't see what his name has to do with studio lights...

There's the little matter of light...

• Although we know him most for the theories of relativity, he first came to fame for proposing that light was a flux of photons, which explained the fact that it exhibited both wave and particle behavior. He won the Nobel Prize for this.
  • Coming back to special relativity, that explaned the constancy of the speed of light.
  • Then there's matter/energy equivalence. E=MC^2 has been called the world's most famous equation, and it shows that matter and energy are linked by the speed of light, squared.
So, if you're making a really impressive light producing device, can you picture someone better to name it after? Newton or Galileo, maybe. Fresnel, except you can't call a light that, people will think it's a spot. Fizeau, Steffan, Rayleigh, Planck, Young, those sort of people are only household names to people like me.
-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008. Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed. Ciao! Joseph www.swissarmyfork.com

Ok thanks I see a possible connection now. I guess I just don't like Einsteins name on a set of studio lights. PCB might be a genius in his own way, but Einstein so much plays in a different league, that it just seems unfitting to put his name on a studio light.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow