Over saturated photos in Challenges

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
activa
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
Re: Over saturated photos in Challenges
In reply to sirrah, Oct 28, 2012

I am the fortunate photographer whose work is getting such critical analysis. Thanks to OP for his/her honest opinion.

Apart from choice of ones standing point in the saturation sliding scale I  thought there was an important - what is photographic reality? I find the definition by sculptor Henry Moore best: "Art is the expression of imagination, not the reproduction of reality." I consider photography as an art form, a visual language. Likewise, I find my choices in photo processing to be inspired by photographer Gary Hart's lines "Photography’s gift isn’t the ability to reproduce reality, it’s the ability to expand it."

Yellowstone's Grand canyon is so colorful it mesmerized my senses. In my minds eye the colors were such rich - therefore I chose to enhance them to capture the "essence" of the gorge.

That is my choice and somehow some other people also liked it.

But I respect the criticism and accept it as a part of my learning curve.

Somewhere it would feel much better if the OP had the courtesy to inform me about the inclusion of my photography in this thread.

Happy clicking.

activa's gear list:activa's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow