Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillyInya
Senior MemberPosts: 1,098Gear list
Like?
D600 AA Filter - The Blur King???
Oct 28, 2012

Must choose between the Fuji X-E1 and D600 and it's doing my head in. Yes I know, very different beats. Either one will mean I am committing to a new system and will have to spend some decent money to be fully equipped so I don't want to get it wrong.

Most of the unprocessed images I've seen from the D600 look a tad soft - by that I mean not anywhere are near as sharp as you would expect for a 24MP sensor. I've painstakingly researched this which has included directly comparing countless unprocessed images.

I know some may say images from the D600 "need" some post processing sharpening but this is what is worrying me.

I don't want to have to fake resolution in software, especially when it should be there native in the first place.

The Fujifilm X-E1 images are absolutely tack sharp to begin with - no effort is needed at all to get the sharpness and crispness expected .... and that's only 16MP.

Can I ask if people are finding the untouched image files of the D600 a little soft? Is the AA filer on the D600 too aggressive? If so, why bother with spending huge amounts on expensive glass when it is the AA filter you are competing with?

Cheers

BillyInya's gear list:BillyInya's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +8 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow