The Nikon 1 system now has three fast primes and DX still has only one...

Started Oct 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,589
Like?
Very well said.
In reply to JCB123, Oct 28, 2012

JCB123 wrote:

I said you'd have the last word and I won't renage on that. Enough of the 'does', doesn't, ,does'
argument. We've each said our peace, and it would be dull world if we all agreed on everything.

Like you I do not personaly find the gaps in the Nikon line up to be a great problem, and do not share the OPs opinion as to how serious they are. I use a 50mm, the 18-105 and a 70mm macro for portraits and have never felt a serious need for a fast aperture wide angle lens. I use a Sigma 10-20 for various applications and am quite happy with it. Incidently I'm not sure what I said to give the impression that I have used FX. I used 35mm film SLRs for many years, but am fully weaned from film now. There are a couple of 35mm bodies lurking somewhere though.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that approach and agree. Well written, to the point, and very factual.

I have also noticed that your posts are usually of a helpful nature, which I appreciate. I have rarely been in disagreement with you before (I actually cannot remeber another case) and indeed have probably learned a thing or two. Thanks for the discussion.

Your take on things is well respected by me and extremely useful to the forum. I find your discussion as simply that..... an honest and well thought out discussion on your part. I'm very grateful for it and try to do the same....not always well I'm afraid.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow