Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mihai Muntean
Forum MemberPosts: 61Gear list
Like?
ProMaster PD300 or Impact VC-500 or Photogenic StudioMax II
Oct 28, 2012

Hi, I need your help to determine which is the best buy in my case?

Appart from the fact that one has a maximum output of 500W, what do you guys think about these 3 types of monolight kits? I'm looking for a 2 light setup for a shoot that I'll use for a whole day of shooting portraits. I'll be having maybe an 8 hour use people will be scheduled at 15 minutes intervalls and i'll be ahving over 80 people coming, some of them for group/family shots.

I must also mention that I like to do product photography so the if I could use them for some high speed photos that would be good but it's not a must. I'm more refering to the different diffusers I can put on these lights, i'm looking for versatility, so a generic mount would be better.

One last thing, if I were to buy the Impact VC-500 or the StudioMax II it would be slightly used as opposed to the ProMaster PD300 which I would get new with what I'm guessing is a 1 year warranty.

Thank you in advance to all,

Mihai

Mihai Muntean's gear list:Mihai Muntean's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow