EX1 vs EX2...........?

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
MGJA
Regular MemberPosts: 366Gear list
Like?
Re: EX1 vs EX2...........?
In reply to JW PHOTO, Oct 28, 2012

JW PHOTO wrote:

If you run these at least at 100%, on my monitor anyway, the EX1 images show slightly finer detail.

Agree. I looked at the small text in the middle of back of the book Path Of Destruction (pretty much smack in the middle of the shot) and I find it more readable on the EX-1 pic than the EX-2. Noise is obviously lower with the EX-2, but once details are gone, they're gone...

Anyway, I still haven't found an ideal upgrade for the EX-1. On one hand, I can't do without a flip screen - it's just so incredibly handy with a P&S. On the other, so far as I can see, to really step up in IQ, you need a Sony RX100 which lacks true wideangle and has no flippy either. A NX100+30mm would beat it handily in IQ, but then it's huge, has a fix focal length, and... no flippy. I am seriously looking at the NEX5, but the compact lens choices are bad, and with decent lenses we're talking huge cameras compared to the EX.

The EX-1 might have to serve for a while yet...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JoeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow