Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark B UK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,139Gear list
Like?
Thinking of buying D800: advice on lenses, CF cards, software etc
Oct 28, 2012

I'm thinking of getting a D800 due to the current PC World discount. What's the view on combining it with two lenses - 16-35 and 28-300? I appreciate that both can distort, but wonder whether they'll impress from the sharpness viewpoint. Also would it be good to get Capture NX2? I understand it can pick up on the auto gradation setting (I've temporarily forgotten its name), boosting DR still further, and can also automatically correct lens distortions. How would I find its performance compare with Aperture? Can it correct for converging verticals, either as standard or using a plug-in such as PTLens?

Also if I order now, what are the chances of getting a 800 without the focusing fault? And how prone is the body to getting dust or oil on the sensor? Finally, is it true that only a couple of brands of CF cards work with the D800? Or has the firmware now been upgraded to cure this problem?

Mark B UK's gear list:Mark B UK's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +2 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow