This is the most excruciating forum software to work with, EVER!

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Katsunami
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
This is the most excruciating forum software to work with, EVER!
Oct 28, 2012

Why not just implement one of the many free forums, that all work alike, and countless people are used to, such as phpBB, SMF, vBulletin, and many others? Slap your own DPReview-look backend on it, and be done with it. (The threaded representation feels more like a usenet group than a forum in 2012 too...)

I've been trying to post some landscape pictures of my shoot at the Sprengen nature reserve in the Netherlands, but I just can't do it. I can insert number 1 and 2, but the forum will not let me upload 3 up to 10, not even in seperate threads. It also doesn't insert them from a web URL. It just sits there: "Inserting...." for minutes, without doing anythin.

Then I discover that I cannot edit a post more than two times.

1. Use IMG tags, like any other forum: does not work.
2. Use the Insert button to insert images (that only differ one letter in each file name).
3. Number 2 works (for 2 out of 10), but now I cannot edit anymore to add a description!

I will be posting my pictures at www.ricohforum.com, and put a link to the topics for anyone who wants to see them. I'll not be uploading pictures at this anymore. It's just too nerve-wracking as I can't trust it to work, and I can't fix any mistakes.

Rant over... sorry.

Katsunami's gear list:Katsunami's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2/35 ZM Carl Zeiss Planar T* 2/50 ZM Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow