135L images

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
nandadevieast
Regular MemberPosts: 400Gear list
Like?
Re: 135L images
In reply to Marco Nero, Oct 28, 2012

Marco Nero wrote:

Your shots are good. I especially liked the last image of what appeared to be an older woman in a subway near a tiled wall. It looked to be a fairly low light shot.

The portraits in B&W were fine. I suspect others responding to this thread would have preferred more directly applied light or studio lighting. I just took a second look and these are fine. Nice results.

I have my eyes on one of these lenses right now and have an opportunity to buy one in just a few days. The only thing that has me hesitating are the ongoing rumors that there might be a newer (though no doubt more expensive) version with Image Stabilization.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco

Thanks Marco and others,

The b/w shots were done to a brief, so they carry the limitations a commercial assignment imposes on you. They were done for Lebara mobile, a pan european mobile company. The shots were used for outdoor/billboard and in-shop posters. If one of you ever buys a Lebara recharge pack, you will find these on the packaging also. They are using the shots on their website also.

The old woman shot wasn't part of the campaign. I used to click some street in the evenings and its from there. Will process more when possible.

135L is by far the best lens that i have used for portraiture and street. You don't have to wait for IS version. That won't help in street, and portraiture.

kind regards,

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow