Not even Adobe likes Olympus?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobby J
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,703Gear list
Like?
Re: Hey "Landscape", I think these two shots demonstate
In reply to LandscapeShooter, Oct 28, 2012

the conclusion I reached quite a while ago.  With Olympus cameras there really isn't much need to

torture yourself processing RAW files.  The exception being when you have strange and mixed light conditions.  I've tried five different RAW processors including Lightroom and I finally decided I can't make the shots look any better than the JPEGS I get straight from the camera....when I have it set up properly.  I can take the JPEGS to Photoshop (in my case Elements) and do whatever I need done there and save a step.  This works for me and I've had very satisfactory results...at least for me.

This is a contentious subject I realize, and I'm sure there are a lot more sophisticated shooters out there than I am, and they doubtless consider me to be a photographic imbecile, but I think you'll be surprised at how good Oly JPEGS are and how easily they can be processed.  I NEVER shoot anything but Large Super Fine JPEGS incidentally and I think that's important due to the larger, less compressed files.  Figuring out how to make them is an exercise in Oly abnormal psychology however.  Give it a try, and experiment around a bit with the settings for the variouis parameters, and I think you'll be pleased with what Oly can do for you.

-- hide signature --

BJM

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow