D3200 Which battery grip?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Questions thread
Tap0
Forum MemberPosts: 90
Like?
Re: D3200 Which battery grip?
In reply to RJNedimyer, Oct 28, 2012

I am looking for a battery grip for my D3200 too. However, Nikon does not manufacture one (you must be already knowing this), there are third party alternatives like Meike, Polaroid, Phottix etc. which are originally for the D3100 but claim to fit on the D3200 as well. I believe that all of them use a short cable to connect to the camera for the shutter release functionality as the D3100 did not have infrared receivers which allowed the shutter to be fired using a remote. However the D3200 does have 2 infrared receivers , so I am hoping that some third party manufacturer will come out with a battery grip for the D3200 without a cable. If anyone knows if there is already one for the D3200 (without the cable), then please let us know on this thread.

I think it is best to wait for some time till this grip is manufactured, if you are okay with a small cable running from the grip to the camera to enable the shutter release, there are several selling on Amazon and eBay.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow