Why no focus issues with D5100 or D3100 compared with D7000

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
blue_cheese
Senior MemberPosts: 1,410
Like?
+1 on who uses the camera
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Oct 28, 2012

I would assume that it does have to do who the majority of users are. The D3100/D5100 are aimed at bringing people over from P&S. The D7000 is for enthusiasts that have certain expectations of the capabilites of the camera. Most D3100 users I have encountered do not take it out of the green auto mode. The would get more focus issues due to Auto area and AF-A drive than from the acutal AF system.

And before I get flamed about putting down D3100 users, I am one.... some know how to use the camera in other modes too, but given the sales volume of these camera i would guess they are a small proportion.

D7000 users on the other hand (from what I have observed) either know what they are doing and enjoy using their camera, and there are those that just imagine that they would be better cuz they paid more.

There are of course defective cameras, but I dont that there should be a difference beteweend the models. perhaps the entry level users notice it less.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow