Epson 4000 trouble shoot help

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
dwightt
Junior MemberPosts: 43Gear list
Like?
Re: Epson 4000 trouble shoot help
In reply to RGBCMYK, Oct 28, 2012

RGBCMYK wrote:

So what was the root of the problem? I commend you on resurrecting the beast. When I pulled out my magenta damper I hooked a syringe up to it and couldn't pull a drop of ink through it. I took it apart and the fine screen was totally blocked.

-- hide signature --

www.christopherbroughton.com

I am thinking that even though I saw ink going through the magenta print head when I forced cleaner through it, there was still enough blockage to prevent it pulling ink from the cart, which can be seen in my first test print... starved for magenta ink. I forced enough cleaner through it long enough to clear all blockage. I ran clear cleaner and made sure only clean cleaner came out the print head.

I used simple green for 3 hours as a big clog buster and then the clear cleaner from "fixyourownprinter" for the final several hours overnight.

The magenta damper that was in the printer when I bought it seems to be ok from my testing. I did replace it as one of the steps.  I am glad that I got it going.  Now, I have only run one test print. Don't know how long it will work but that is for later.

Now the wife is looking at my 4 printers in the garage and shaking her head?!?!

Dwight

dwightt's gear list:dwightt's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 350D Nikon D200 Canon EOS 500D Canon EOS 550D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow