Best time for Southwest visit?

Started Oct 20, 2012 | Questions thread
stretchman
Regular MemberPosts: 296
Like?
Re: Best time for Southwest visit?
In reply to BobT, Oct 28, 2012

BobT wrote:

Mapquest has one getting there from here in 24 hrs. But, my back says to me "6 hrs a day of riding in the car is all I can stand".. Hence the 4 days to and fro.

Increasing the numbers of days spent there is wise advice and will be very seriously considered, however.

I'm not at all sure that all of the sample images that I have seen here and elsewhere are of those iconic natural wonders, or "unknowns" (untitled ones) can and will be seen as one drives by. It looks to me (from those images), that good photo ops are virtually anywhere and everywhere in the red-rock area. I have a couple of maps of a couple of the N.Parks where specific formations are indicated. But am I correct in thinking that GOOD photo ops are also frequent inbetween those?

Bob,

There are many photo ops between the parks you have included on your trip. Just keep your imagination open and have your camera ready. Remember the "iconic" places can get a little crowded.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow