SX50 - pulled the trigger today

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,481Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 - pulled the trigger today
In reply to Susan Taylor, Oct 28, 2012

Susan Taylor wrote:

Beautiful photos! I, too, ordered a SX50 today but have never had a bridge camera by Canon so this will be a new experience for me testing it. I do have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 that I got a little over a year ago and which has performed well. But I kept reading so many things on here about the SX40 and now the SX50 that I decided why not try it? (I also have a Sony Alpha A57 DSLR but there are lots of times I prefer using a bridge camera with the zoom lens rather than the DSLR and attachments.) Thanks for sharing the photos. By the way, the one of the lake with the trees in their fall colors reminds me of photos I took with the Sony this week at Radnor Lake in the Nashville area:-)

Thanks for the comment, Susan. Other then the great deal, it was also all the detailed discussion in this forum that convinced me to get the camera. I'd much rather hear the real world opinions of the people around here then read a "labratory" review. Now if I could just get a chance to put mine through its paces. Still haven't seen any sun and with the storm approaching don't expect any soon. So I have just spent some time adjusting all the settings based on the information written by the people here and shown in the EXIFs of their images. That'll probably be a good starting point.

Have you posted any of your fall pictures anywhere? I enjoy seeing people's interpretation of this colorful season in images.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow