Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
coaltrain
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?
X10 definitive test for orb issue?
Oct 28, 2012

Since buying my great X-S1, I find my X10 a bit redundant as I don't need a small form camera any more. I have my X10 for sale on another forum that I am quite active in. I've had a few inquires in the first few days of the ad being listed, and all are asking if the sensor had been replaced due to the orb issue.

I bought the X10 used about 6 months ago, and have never seen the orb issue materialize in any of my images and have stated this in my ad after some of the orb comments. At this point it seems there has been so much exposure on the internet about this issue that most people are shying away from purchasing one used even if they don't fully understand what the issue is.

So, I would like to know if there is any kind of test image I can take to prove or disprove my X10 has the orb issue. I am not going to heavily discount the camera just because people "think" the camera "might" have the issue. If in fact it did have the sensor issue, I wouldn't even try to sell it as I would not try to just unload it to an uniformed buyer.

Any suggestions?

-- hide signature --

~Stan~

coaltrain's gear list:coaltrain's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye Pentax smc DA 12-24mm F4.0 ED AL (IF) +7 more
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow