Ebay purchase transaction question (sensor dust)

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry251
Contributing MemberPosts: 577Gear list
Like?
Ebay purchase transaction question (sensor dust)
Oct 28, 2012

I recently purchased a used mirrorless camera on Ebay that was listed as hardly used and "like new." When I received it, it was in excellent physical condition, but I did a "dust check" and the images were showing quite a few spots both visible in the EVF and in images at more narrow apertures. I was able to remove some using a rocket blower, but there still appear to be a number of dust spots on the images which become visible primarily stopping down beyond f/11.

My question is what is reasonable to expect and does it make sense to raise the issue with the seller? I know dust sort of comes with the territory and I hope if I get a sensor brush and do a light sweep that would take care of the rest without resorting to a wet method, but I was a little surprised given the "like new " description. For what its worth, nothing was immediately visible on the sensor to the eye.

Larry251's gear list:Larry251's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow