Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Todd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,850
Like?
CPS Discounts
Oct 28, 2012

I was contacted by a helpful person who told me that CPS Canada has a program where members there get special CPS discounts on gear.  Evidently the customer asks for the CPS price and the shop contacts the Canon Rep and finds out what the discount is on a particular item.

I emailed CPS and asked if they had anything like this in the US.

Their response was:

"Thank you for contacting Canon product support.

While some regions in the world have different options for their associated CPS divisions, here at Canon USA, we do not currently offer advanced purchase options through CPS.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your Canon equipment. Thank you for choosing Canon."

I thought I'd toss it out to see if (a) this is common practice in other parts of the world and (b) if we ask enough Canon reps about it, maybe they'll institute something like that here.

I belong to NAPP, and get lots of discounts with vendors through it.  Not sure why CPS wouldn't offer discounts on Canon gear--especially when that's how they judge the "value" of the membership with their point system to qualify for Gold and Platinum.

-- hide signature --

peace
-Todd Muskopf
High School Senior Portraits in Beavercreek, Ohio (near Dayton)
www.muskopf.org
www.ohioindependentartists.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow