Do the mirrorless digital cameras last long?

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pasmia
Contributing MemberPosts: 527Gear list
Like?
Re: Do the mirrorless digital cameras last long?
In reply to h82diet, Oct 28, 2012

h82diet wrote:

Hello,

I had both my Canon AE-1 and my Leica for over 30 years and they worked great the day I sold them. I still have my Viewmaster camera which also works perfectly. Unfortunately I am on my third compact digital camera which, so far, has lasted 3 years. The two prior to this one lasted about 3 years each before something went wrong which was too expensive to fix. Plus, they got smaller and smaller and so I did not hesitate to buy a new one (they were Kodak and two Canons in that order). I am now considering buying one of the compact digital cameras with interchangeable lenses but I'm afraid that they are fragile and at the prices they command, just not worth the money.

Any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations? I would consider a used or new older model mirrorless model to save some money. I read that the mirrorless ones were slimmer and I want it as small as possible to fit in my purse.

Thank you very much

Put the camera in a pouch or case.  Some mirrorless cameras have 3rd party accessories that cover/protect the entire body.  Just search your favorite shopping website for cases for specific model cameras.  eg: "Lumix GF3X case" or "Nikon1 case"

These cameras are small enough that if you just buy the pancake lenses, you can usually just fit them in lens pouches.

The problem then becomes, are you willing to put the camera back in the pouch each time you pull it from your purse?  In this case, I suggest having a dedicated pocket or area for you camera just so it doesn't get banged up with your other stuff in your purse.

I don't know how big your purse is, but if you can fit a Crumpler Haven bag in there, that'd be perfect.

Anyways, these may not be perfect solutions, but it'll give you an idea of some options that you have.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow