Pixelflash USB-3 CF Reader - Driver fiasco

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Owashi
Forum MemberPosts: 55Gear list
Like?
Re: Pixelflash USB-3 CF Reader - Driver fiasco
In reply to Leigh A. Wax, Oct 28, 2012

I just got the Pixelflash USB 3.0 CF reader, I'm only geting transfer speeds of around 50 Mbps............only about twice the speed of my USB 2.0 multicard reader.

I tried to download the drivers on the Pixelflash website but it wouldn't let me download anything. I tried this on 2 computers with 3 different browsers and all I get are error messages.

When I first inserted the reader in a USB 3.0 port some drivers were downloaded automatically, I have no idea if they were the same drivers from the Pixelflash website or not.

Mind you I'm almost glad I couldn't download the drivers directly from Pixelflash-the installation instructions look unnecessarily complicated.

1. Click here and 'Save As' (do not run) to save the PixelFlash driver package to your computer.
  2. Extract all contents of the zip file to a temporary location.
  3. Insert a memory card into your PixelFlash USB-3 Memory Card Reader and then plug it into your computer's USB-3 port.
  4. Run "Setup.exe" from the list of extracted files and proceed through the guided installation process.
  5. After the driver installation completes, eject your memory card (via Windows Explorer) and remove the PixelFlash USB-3 Card Reader from the computer's USB port.
  6. Reboot your computer.
  7. Enjoy

Hmmmmm.................not so good Pixelflash.

Owashi's gear list:Owashi's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 500mm f/4.0L IS II USM Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Samsung Galaxy S III +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow