Pixelflash USB-3 CF Reader - Driver fiasco
I just got the Pixelflash USB 3.0 CF reader, I'm only geting transfer speeds of around 50 Mbps............only about twice the speed of my USB 2.0 multicard reader.
I tried to download the drivers on the Pixelflash website but it wouldn't let me download anything. I tried this on 2 computers with 3 different browsers and all I get are error messages.
When I first inserted the reader in a USB 3.0 port some drivers were downloaded automatically, I have no idea if they were the same drivers from the Pixelflash website or not.
Mind you I'm almost glad I couldn't download the drivers directly from Pixelflash-the installation instructions look unnecessarily complicated.
- Click here and 'Save As' (do not run) to save the PixelFlash driver package to your computer.
- Extract all contents of the zip file to a temporary location.
- Insert a memory card into your PixelFlash USB-3 Memory Card Reader and then plug it into your computer's USB-3 port.
- Run "Setup.exe" from the list of extracted files and proceed through the guided installation process.
- After the driver installation completes, eject your memory card (via Windows Explorer) and remove the PixelFlash USB-3 Card Reader from the computer's USB port.
- Reboot your computer.
Hmmmmm.................not so good Pixelflash.
|Post ()||Posted by||When|
|Aug 10, 2012|
|Aug 11, 2012|
|Aug 11, 2012|
|Aug 12, 2012|
|Oct 28, 2012|
|Nov 11, 2012|