Ricoh GRD 7th Anniversary Event

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Earthrise
Regular MemberPosts: 384Gear list
Like?
Re: ricoh fans don't know...
In reply to Andrewteee, Oct 28, 2012

Andrewteee wrote:

Celebrating a year without any news. The GRD will be replaced in about 6 months, the GXR is apparently dead. Though we assume on the GRD, but at this rate who knows. Pentax may be it from here on out. The new Ricoh.

You may well be right with this. Can't help thinking there is more to come for the GXR though. Although disappointing I found Photokina interesting, it felt it was a dotting of the i's and crossing of t's regarding the Pentax products. A coming to the end of Pentax's plans so the next products will be properly Pentax-Ricoh in origin.  The chatter on the world wild web says the K-01 is to be shelved.  Ricoh could have decided to make a mk 2 with their design input, so to shelve it suggests to me the GXR will be Pentax-Ricoh's mirrorless solution and at some point we will see a K mount module.

Hope to see a 35mm module as well.  Sony's RX1 has had positive press so Pentax-Ricoh could make use of that.  Can't afford a RX1? No worries just buy the GXR 35mm combo for half the price and far more flexibility!

Hmmmm getting a bit Caldwellian here, better stop

Earthrise's gear list:Earthrise's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Voigtlander 15mm F4.5 Super Wide Heliar Voigtlander 28mm F2 Ultron Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow