Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
clager
Contributing MemberPosts: 566Gear list
Like?
Fantastic lens experience!
Oct 28, 2012

Cant deny that I am an L-lens freak, always bought L-lenses medium, wide and long, zooms, the lot!

I handed in my 70-300 L.IS USM, the white one for service and was leant the cheaper version, the 70-300. IS USM for a few days, needed that focal range.

What a piece of platic junk, I thought, untill I saw the quality it produced! I was totally astounded, every bit as sharp as my L-counterpart, same superb colors, contrast, etc and three times cheaper and lighter!

If ever there was a hidden treassure among canon optics, this must be the one. No kidding, I mean it is every bit as good as the L-version, exept ofcourse for built quality and thats the only thing you pay twice as much for.

Later I did read some reviews about this lens and sure enough, just about every review phrases it beyond belief.

So. Unless you actually need the built quality ( which I dont) dont even think twice and if you want this focal range, get this one. Dont waste money.

clager's gear list:clager's gear list
Leica M9 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow