Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,170Gear list
Like?
G15 early thoughts.
Oct 28, 2012

After shooting several hundred photos from the G15, i thought i would share my personal and i hope not biased view on the camera. Initial thoughts were good, not having a LCD did not really bother me, so i bought it as an upgrade to my G12, the tiome of year is not a good one to do like for like comparisons, as we have had really dull cold weather.

I must say i always try to evaluate cameras in a variety of conditions light ect, but find as i write this early review i find myself wanting slightly wary, as i say i have compared my pics to some of my G12, and must say the G15 is no clear winner.

At this stage i will continue to use my G15, hope to test more in good light, at least with blue sky where i can keep the ISO down to base, my overall thoughts to sum up, would be with hindsight i would not have bought it, i have the G12 which is an excellent camera for my need and the hundreds of pics look as good or dare i say better.

So what im trying to say is, newer is not always better, i should know as i have be bitten on the bum before thinking this.

So if you have the G12, dont necessarily think to upgrade to the G15, thinking its going to be miles better because you might just be disappointed.

It might sound if im not totally happy with the G15, well not totally but if i had to guess how i might feel come spring, i doubt much would change there.

Will continue to keep you all posted on how things progress.

-- hide signature --

Alan.

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-5 II +8 more
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G15
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow