XF1 Arrives - very first thoughts

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mark Prince
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: XF1 Arrives - very first thoughts
In reply to Mark Prince, Oct 28, 2012

I can't remember if I covered this yet or not, but just like the X100, the XF1 has one serious UI issue with its buttons.

The damned Fn button on top of the camera is really hard to get a positive press on under normal operating conditions.

I don't know if Fuji has some girly hands only testers in their UI department or not, but just like the hard-to-press OK button on the X100, this button on the XF1 is small and totally flush with the top of the camera, and in normal operation, it's natural to slide your index finger to it and press down with the middle of your finger, not the tip. Doing so with my meathooks is quite hard to do.

Me thinks Fuji should get these cameras they design into a few more hand sizes before calling it a day and locking down the camera's final UI design. It's a minor frustration, but one that now exists on every Fuji camera I own (that would be two of them lol).

Mark

-- hide signature --

Mark Prince, CoffeeGeek.com
Photos: flickr.com/coffeegeek
Twitter: twitter.com/coffeegeek

Mark Prince's gear list:Mark Prince's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark II Olympus PEN E-PL1 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow