ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marcus Beard
Senior MemberPosts: 1,121Gear list
Like?
Star Trails with 5d MkII
Oct 28, 2012

Hi all

I've just come back from a fantastic weekend on the Isle of Mull, Scotland.  My mate and I had a camper van for three nights and spent our time touring the island, taking photos (up before sunrise) and spending the evenings in the pub.  Bliss.

I'd also just bought a Trigger Trap iPhone app - one of the modes is star trails so I thought I'd try it out.  Fantastic little app -  I set it to trigger 120 exposures at 30 seconds each on my Canon 5d MkII with Tokina 16-28 lens.

More can be read about Trigger Trap here .  Basically it sends audio clicks from the headphone socket through a converter into the camera cable release port.

The pictures were combined in the freeware StarStax app (for Mac)

Here is the result - any feedback appreciated please - I'd love to have more of a play with this in different locations.

Star Trail - Isle of Mull

Many thanks

Marcus

Marcus Beard's gear list:Marcus Beard's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +6 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow