Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions thread
Peter Jonas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,593
Like?
Re: Spot light
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Oct 28, 2012

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Peter Jonas wrote:

It is a type of behaviour that exists. Acceptable or not, it is around, and no matter what you do, you cannot entirely eliminate it.

The same can be said about rape, murder, sexism and rascism. That doesn't mean society should turn a blind eye or blame the victim when it happens.

On the other hand I also find continually antagonising and provoking those people just as undesirable. I belive these two go hand in hand.

It is much more practical to learn to live with it, than to eliminate it. Think about what the desired outcome of this situation for you is.

Again, replace bullying with rape, murder, sexism and rascism. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Do you want to carry on feeling offended and victimised? Or do you want to eliminate your problem?

It will NOT eliminate the problem - the rampant bullying and trolling - if I bury my head. It will not eliminate it if you blame me for it. In fact if I do end up leaving the board, that too will not eliminate it.

If you want it solved, it's easily done. You can do it. It's your choice.

RUBBISH. Blaming the victim is destructive.Think about what I said.

I wish all problems in life had such a simple solution. Rejecting that option without even trying is a disservice to yourself.

Any problem can be ignored. You are confusing ignoring it with solving it.

It's all in the mind.

YOU are in fact the one that chooses to play the victim, because you are the one contending that such behaviour is inevitable and you are the one condoning it. In all seriousness ignoring a problem will never ever make it go away. All you are really saying is you no longer wish to deal with it. It exists external to yourself.

Please. Go and enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow