Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doucer
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
Help with sports photography please!
Oct 28, 2012

Tried posting this in the Sports Photography section but no response. I always get help here so I'm reposting.

Need some help from anyone shooting ice hockey or ringette. The pictures are getting better but I am still not happy. I'm using an A77 with a 7-200 2.8 Sony lens. I've started shooting in manual mode which helps a bit but the pictures always come out dark so I have to do a lot of processing on my computer to save them. I've set ISO to 1250 which generally gives me a shutter speed around 1/1000. I've struggled with white balance so finally tried setting a custom white balance around 3300k. Lighting in an arena is always tough. Many of the photos don't have the sharp focus and color I would like. I am using multi-segment metering mode and wide autofocus on the A77. I'm not sure if the metering and focus mode are correct for fast action shots.

Can anyone help? What suggestions do you have? I don't seem to have the ice color right yet as well. I haven't shot in RAW as I'm not familiar how to do that on Aperture.

Any suggestions are very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow