Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
b4cktr4ck
Regular MemberPosts: 139Gear list
Like?
advice on upgrade to FF
Oct 28, 2012

First of all I was unsure where to post this, if here or somewhere else like Pro Digital Talk? Please suggest if better to move it.

I want to upgrade my 500d to a full frame

I've considered 6D, D600, 5DM3

I've been waiting for the 6D but been disappointed mainly for the cropped viewfinder and the lack of built in flash. So 6D is out of the story.

I have a few EF-S lenses (18-55, 50-250, 10-22, 18-135) and few EF (50mm 1.8, 28mm 1.8, 100mm macro), and a 430exII light.

I can afford the D600 and initially a 50mm 1.8 (later a general purpose 18-200mm)

pros: all the features I need, light small, complete FF

cons: need to sell all canon gears?, buy Nikon gears, no high ISO (minor)

I could potentially afford the 5DM3 -

pros: great FF, can reuse some lenses, great at high ISO (25000 is like 800 on my 500d)

cons: price, no built in flash, bigger/heavier than D600

A compromise could be use the high ISO capability of 5DM3 and forgo the build in flash, but not convinced about that.

I never used Nikon gears but I tend to get fever for canon lenses, so I am really unsure if to jump ship!

I could still keep the 500d as backup but don't think I'll use it after getting a new FF. can sell it with the EF-S lenses.

How much do you reckon I could approx get for those? (maybe another thread for this)

(I'm not a fan of selling/buying used gears, time consuming)

b4cktr4ck's gear list:b4cktr4ck's gear list
Canon EOS 6D
Canon EOS 500D (EOS Rebel T1i / EOS Kiss X3) Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow