Key Line filter BETTER than focus peaking...

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Just Having Fun
Senior MemberPosts: 3,869
Like?
Key Line filter BETTER than focus peaking...
Oct 28, 2012

...most of the time and NOT during video where is doesn't work.

Seriously though.  I have several Sony cameras and in low light focus peaking becomes very difficult to use.  Even when set to "high" sometimes the peaking doesn't show at all or is very hard to see.

With the Key Line art filter you ALWAYS see it.  Eyes get giant black pupils in the lowest of light when in focus, and everything else goes from a solid color to sharp focused lines.  I have never been able to use my Minolta F/1.4 lens in low light with much accuracy, but suddenly it now works quickly and accurately.

Big THANKS to those that found this!.  The big caveats are, it is worthless for video, and you need to shoot RAW unless unlike me you figured out how to assign it to a button that you can quickly use to turn it on/off.

OK, I just tried it in almost complete darkness.  Since the Oly EVF brightens the display, it still works perfectly.  Add the amazing IBIS, and I can focus in the lowest of light conditions!  Freakin' amazing!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow