Thumbs down trolls

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Questions thread
Peter Jonas
Senior MemberPosts: 1,671
Like?
Re: Thumbs down trolls
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Oct 28, 2012

Sammy Yousef wrote:

Your son does not have the option of just staying away from school.

No, he did not. That is why he had to learn to handle it. That was now 6-8 years ago and I can say with reasonable confidence that it worked for him just fine. That is also why I can recommend it tou you honestly believeing that it is the easiest solution for you, and possibly the only one.

It is easy because you don't need anyone's help to do it. It just needs one switch in your mind flicked: Stop taking the TDs personally. It is so simple that rejecting it outright seems silly..

No one deserves to be trolled because they say unpopular things. Blaming the victim is a sure way to end up with the law of the jungle in the end.

I am not blaming the victim. I am offering him/her a simple solution. Belive me, most trolls and bullies will go away when ignored. The very essence of their behaqviour is to see people get upset or offended. If you don;t reward them, the will go away.

Would you tell a woman being repeatedly sexually harassed at work to just ignore it, or an employee being pressured repeatedly into taking risks that go against health and safety regulations to just ignore it?

I would eaxamine each of those situations and would make conclusions on a case by case basis.

If you have such intimate knowledge and experience with trolling the last thing you should be doing is condoning that behaviour.

I am very sorry that you interpret what I say as condoning that behaviour. I don't. And nothing I have written even remotely implies that.

I, and I suspect other people have had this problem with you reading something we did not write. This behaviour is also upsetting to may people, I could point you to countless examples. If you control that behaviour you will give others a lot less reason to TD you.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
BTWNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow