My Fountain Pens recently won on e bay! Beginner's Luck!

Started Oct 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Leo James Mitchell
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,630
Like?
My Fountain Pens recently won on e bay! Beginner's Luck!
Oct 28, 2012

This is a pen from Aurora in Italy- The Limited Edition Afrika, w/18K gold nib and black Onyx in the cap.

Engraved Masi Shields done on the gold cap band.

Here is another Aurora Pen an Optima Auroloide Blue marbled pen with a 14K nib. Aurora makes among the finest nibs available.

A closer look so you can see the nib

And  here is the final Aurora pen. It is now discontinued but I was fortunate enough to find it on auction by a dealer who found a brand new, never inked model Optima 997 hidden away in the back of his shop. Luckily I won it and it is one of my best writing pens.

I have more but not everyone is a fountain pen freak like I am. I haven't learned how to capture them best...if they were flowers they would be better pictures eh! LOL! BTW I paid less than 50% for a few of these and the luxury pen I paid 70% less than retail. Not a bad day or two of bidding.

Best regards to all

Leo

-- hide signature --

K-5: Pentax DA* 200mm f2.8, Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4, Pentax DA 35mm f2.8 Limited, Pentax DA14mm f2.8, Pentax DFA 100mm WR Macro , Sigma 17-70mm Zoom, Sigma EX DG f2.8 70mm Macro, Pentax 1.7 lens adapter, Cokin Pro Z Filter System. Benro B-4 Ball-Head, Benro C297-M8 Carbon Fiber Flexpod, Benro Precision HD-38 3-Way Pan-Head
Shooting photographs since 1948
mitch

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow