Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
elendill3334
Forum MemberPosts: 65
Like?
Totally lost---Epson R3000. Adobe, RGB, Color management, Printer...ICM,
Oct 27, 2012

I dont enjoy my pictures until they are on paper. For years I've been able to print decent pictures with an R2400 and BLINDLY feeling my way through the settings....I want to take the blindfold off and print exacty what my edited picture (Capture NX2 and Lightroom 4) picture is.

I understand paper profiles, ink speed/quality etc..But and confused with ICM's, Let the printer manage the color, etc...

My goal is to shoot with a D90 and D600 using the Adobe colors. (I figure it will work well with lightroom.) How hard should this be? Can anyone point me in the direction of books, Youtubes etc.. that explain all the advanced options?

1. There is the application print setup (the one you choose paper size, crop etc...when you hit print)

2. And then layer two when you actually set printer options in the print driver (paper profile, ink settings, quality, speed, DPI, etc.)

Thanks, all. Appreciate it very much if you can help.

Side note: I use  Windows 7 64 bit, Lightroom 4 and Capture NX2.  I print 13x19 on Epson Ultra Premium luster and all of the fine art papers. (Hot press, Cold Press, Velvet, Matte etc..)

Nikon D600 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow