Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alisande
Senior MemberPosts: 2,720
Like?
Got my new (used) LX3!
Oct 27, 2012

It really does look "like new." The lens cap has been attached, but the strap and manual are still in their packaging. How can I tell how many pictures have been taken? I'm curious.

Also, it looks as though someone wiped the lens. It's not terribly smeary, but it's not pristine. And there's a tiny line of lint around part of the perimeter. How would you suggest I clean it?

Here are my very first pix, taken in less than optimal conditions--´╗┐very ´╗┐overcast! Plus in my usual fashion I went outside with the camera before learning anything about it, or even looking closely at it. When I got these pics on my screen I wondered about the surprisingly shallow DOF on a couple of them. Turns out I was shooting in Aperture Priority. Oops!

I fear for these trees in the coming storm, particularly the King apple tree on the left. It once had four main sections; now we're down to two fragile ones. Much of the tree is hollow, and the reason for that is shown in the bottom photo. A hundred or more years ago someone wanted to tie his horse up to the tree, and pounded a chain fastener into the trunk. Over the years, moisture got into that spot and has gradually destroyed much of the tree.

King apples are a very old variety, next to impossible to find today. I had planned to attempt to graft it next year. In advance of the coming storm I may cut some scions now, put them in the freezer, and hope for the best.

Center of the King apple tree

This section is sitting on power lines.

The culprit.

Susan

1 old farmhouse, 2 dogs, 5 cats, 3 computers

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow