Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
saudidave
Regular MemberPosts: 433Gear list
Like?
Clearviewer: Standard Versus Premium Lens
Oct 27, 2012

I bought a Clearviewer almost a year ago for use with my TZ8 (ZS5).  A trip to Majorca in September 2011  drove me nuts because I couldn't see the screen in the bright sun and I was forever removing my sunglasses and putting my reading glasses on to focus on the screen.

I've been well pleased with it overall and an upgrade to a TZ30 (ZS20) prompted it's replacement because the tripod screw is more off centre making the left hand corners a little difficult to see. The camera is also thinner so that the clearviewer doesn't fold parallel and flush to the screen which negates to some degree the advantage of the thinner camera body. I could have got a new baseplate from Gary, but it was a good excuse to try out the premium lens version.

Is it worth the extra $18.00? In my opinion very much so. In my case, the whole of the LCD is now viewable and is central, so that's a big plus. As regards the image you see, it isn't particularly sharper but there is virtually no pincushion distortion, which was my main criticism of the original one I have. So, for me it's a big YES. Go for the premium if you can afford to do so - In my opinion the user experience is greatly enhanced.

saudidave's gear list:saudidave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 (Lumix DMC-TZ30) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 (Lumix DMC-TZ8)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow