5D Mark 3 one week old DEAD!!!!! help please Locked

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
tko
tko
Forum ProPosts: 10,456
even stranger
In reply to Richard, Oct 27, 2012

If a COMPANY purchased 4 Canon 5dIII's, then it must be a pro photo shoot, documentary, or similar. No one person needs four. This same company that buys $14000 worth of cameras doesn't buy legitimate accessories? And the photographer they hire doesn't know enough to check his equipment before his leaves?

Then the story gets stranger. A camera shop in the middle of nowhere is willing to do the repairs, but only if they get a magic parts that no one here has ever heard of. They can't get the part themselves, but they can repair the camera???? And he's going to find the part, get it shipped out, get it to this mystery shop, and have the cameras repaired in what? A couple of weeks at best?

Then, I've never heard a camera being damaged by a non-OEM battery in this fashion. Stories yes, but no hard evidence, so if it happens it has to be rare. Batteries can explode. They can leak. They can have short lives, go dead. But to blow a fuse they would have to have way too much voltage, which is chemically impossible--a battery cannot fail with the voltage going high. I guess the battery could have been factory miswired, providing a negative 7.2 volts, but then how could it charge sucessfully?

However, in the spirit of being helpful, there is this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSy6vP-m2Cs

Richard wrote:

You come here, create a new account and have only one post, then tell us after putting a 3rd party battery in 1 camera, you killed it, then you put it in another just to test it and it killed it. That is pretty dumb but possible then you tell us you stick it in a 3rd camera just to make sure this 3rd party battery will absolutely with no doubt blow up another camera, and it did. Not buying it. If you had some history or blew up one camera, I might believe it. I have bought 3rd party canon batteries before with no issues. If you wer really dumb enough to blow 3 of your 4 cameras knowing the battery was the culprit, I find it hard to believe.

Canondog wrote:

Hi there. Im traveling outside the US and I have an ugly problem. My company purchased 4 5D mk iii and 3 of them are dead! This is a once in a life time situation.

This is what happened. I purchased several 3rd party batteries online and took them with me last week. I charge them and kept them as backups. Yesterday I was using my last original Canon battery, and when I plugged this 7.4v 2600 mAh LP-E6, the camera went dead. it seemed strange to me so I plugged the same in the other camera and it did not turn on. I then charged an original and it did not work on the first two 5ds except on the 3rd. once i drained that battery, I plugged the 3rd party battery and the camera, flipped the switch, and ir turned on for a split second and then it died.

I have a feeling that a fuse or something is dead. I went to a camera shop and they advised me to call Canon, when I called Canon, I was told that it can only be serviced in the USA. the closest place where it can be fixed is 100's of miles away. Im in Patagonia and I need to find a fix for this.

The camera shop here told me that if i can get the fuse ( in case that thats the problem) they will replace it. Thats a risk im willing to take.

ANY ADVICE OUT THERE!!!!

Also, if I can get a link to where I can buy this part it will help me a lot.

Ron

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow