Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ProtoPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
Embedding Vimeo Business Video
Oct 27, 2012

I've done reasonably well with viral videos on YouTube, but have an issue with the viral spread leaving my site and jumping to YouTube.  That is, I start by embedding my YouTube video on my site, with the intent of encouraging viral spread of my site, then some viewers jump into YouTube to link my video from my Channel there, and then the viral spread jumps from my site to YouTube, where it becomes profitable for YouTube but not so much for me.

I'm considering Vimeo Business as well as maybe Wistia and others.  Anyone use them?

With Vimeo Business, I would pay $199 a year for 50 GB and the first 250,000 plays.   If I understand them correctly, I get custom pages on Vimeo, and I can embed on my site, but can viewers then jump through to my Vimeo page instead of my own website, and link from there?

With Wistia, that doesn't appear to be problem, the embedded videos would play only my site, but it looks like it would run me more like almost $3,000 a year.

Any help would be appreciated...

ProtoPhoto's gear list:ProtoPhoto's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow