Ditching your DSLR?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
MattiusGB
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Re: Ditching your DSLR?
In reply to ianbrown, Oct 27, 2012

ianbrown wrote:

I think a lot of people are sick of lugging heavy bodies and lenses around but, is it time to ditch the DSLR yet?

If you bought an X Pro1 or EX1 did you ditch your DSLR, if so what do you miss if anything?

Looks like the mirror-less cameras fit the bill up to 800 ISO but they do lack telephoto etc

Or did you keep both, it would be good to hear of your experiences

Ian

I'm a hobbyist and simply enjoy taking pictures for my own pleasure.  I don't sell them but I do print them for displays, home frames and personal picture books etc.  I had a D700 which went all around the world and performed brilliantly in deserts, dusty environments and humid conditions etc.  Now that I have a little person and associated paraphernalia to take around the Nikon kit was too much and the personal hobby ultimately gets less time.  I sold all the DSLR stuff and bought the X-Pro1 and three primes.  Any regrets?  None.  IQ is excellent, it's great fun to use and is far more portable.  I guess whether ditching a DSLR is a good idea will change for each person depending on their own needs, priorities and personal circumstances.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow