remembering "Bootstrap" Bill Turner.......

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Roger Engelken
Senior MemberPosts: 2,823Gear list
Like?
Re: remembering "Bootstrap" Bill Turner.......
In reply to rsoud, Oct 27, 2012

Thank you for sharing these photos of Mr. Turner.  I note with interest and appreciation that he was awarded the Bronze Star.  The Bronze Star is is an individual military award of the United States Armed Forces. It may be awarded for acts of heroism, acts of merit, or meritorious service in a combat zone.  That alone is reason enough to honor this man I never knew.  Thank you Sir for your service to this nation.  It is service such as this that allows each of us, wherever we may be, to live our lives, enjoy this rewarding hobby or profession of photography, and even comment on a voting system we may or may not care for.

I never had the privilege to know Mr. Turner nor gain from his experiences (though a search of the forum history may certainly allow for that), but it is clear from the notations on his grave marker and the comments shared by others here that he was the finest example of a man.  What more can be said than thank you, and to honor his service and his example.  May our heavenly father have welcomed you into his presence forever.  Be sure and capture some spectacular photos.

-- hide signature --

E-5 and E-620
7-14, 9-18, 11-22, 12-60, 14-42, 14-45, 17.5-45, 18-180, 35, 40-150, 50, 50-200, 70-300

Roger Engelken's gear list:Roger Engelken's gear list
Olympus TG-830 iHS Olympus E-1 Olympus E-420 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 +22 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow