Buy now or wait?

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobzilla2
Junior MemberPosts: 26Gear list
Like?
Re: Buy now or wait?
In reply to slimandy, Oct 27, 2012

slimandy wrote:

The 80~200 AF is excellent. The AFS version would be even better but will cost more too. Worth looking into. You would need the AFS version if you want to use Nikon t.c's but Kenko t.c's would work with either and the Kenko Pro 1.4x t.c. is very good, almost on a par with the Nikon (I own both).

In terms of the bodies you mentioned the D200 is excellent but the D300 is definately better. I own both. There is no need to pay up for the D300s unless you want to shoot video. A used D300 is an excellent idea.

-- hide signature --

www.andrewsandersphotography.co.uk

Ta.  Think I want the VR version having had a bit of a play with a 200mm lens and a 2x convertor I currently have on a monopod.  OK, thats an f5.5 lens (so 2 whole aperture sizes down from a 2.8, and 200mm longer), but I can't quite get it still enough, and hand held I might as well not bother.

Whilst I might not need the VR at 135mm panning, my concern is that at the long end it might add a bit, and in UK lighting conditions, I suspect it certainly will add something.  If I'm having to pay £600 for an 80-200 f2.8 AFD, and the first version VR lens is only another £200, I might as well go for the extra.  Thoughts?

Bobzilla2's gear list:Bobzilla2's gear list
Nikon D60 Nikon D300 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WaitNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow