Ditching your DSLR?

Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vic Chapman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,243Gear list
Like?
Re: Ditching your DSLR?
In reply to newone757, Oct 27, 2012

newone757 wrote:

So I currently am shooting both but the true test will be my sister's wedding next weekend after which I will decide which system to truly invest into. I'm leaning towards the Canon, mainly because of available lens options, especially used market, and of course my personal need for quicker AF. I've found that it has been almost impossible to get anything for the x series cameras locally so the secondhand market is pretty much non existent here. There are two local camera shops and one doesn't own anything fujifilm at all.

I think having both these systems is ideal for wedding photogs. The XP1 is great for when you need to be inconspicuous (although the silent X100 is even better for inside churches). The Canon system is good for everything else.

I'm selling my f2.8 zooms and DX body but keeping my D700 and primes, which I'll use with an adapter on XP1 along with the XF 35mm f1.4 and 18-55 zoom.

Vic

The sky is full of holes that let the rain get in, the holes are very small, that's why the rain is thin.
Spike Milligan

Vic Chapman's gear list:Vic Chapman's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow