Started Oct 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richard rodman
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Best Buy is Run by Morons
Oct 27, 2012

I own an A -100 and a nice collection of lenses, filters, flashes etc etc.  I usually buy from one of the major players such as Adorama or BHPhoto.  Best Buy is my store of choice for appliances and TVs.  It would never occur to me to seek advice from a Best Buy salesman on something as sophisticated as a camera.

I decided to preorder my NEX 6 from Best Buy for a few reasons.  I can return it if I find it unsuitable, and with their credit card I get 18 months to pay, interest free.  When I placed the order they gave me an estimated delivery date of early December.  No problem.

Last week I got a note from them stating the following:

We wanted to let you know that the item below is still on backorder. If we don't receive a new shipment by October 19, we will cancel your order.

I wrote them back immediately to tell them that the camera is "preorder" and will not be available until December AS PER YOUR OWN WEBSITE.

I never heard back from customer service.  And, as you might might, they cancelled my preorder.  I now have to go to the trouble of ordering the camera once again.

What a bunch of morons!!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow