The old whiskey bottle test.. 120-300 Sigma.

Started Oct 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kevin Jorgensen
Contributing MemberPosts: 710Gear list
Like?
Re: The old whiskey bottle test.. 120-300 Sigma.
In reply to Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee, Oct 27, 2012

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

Well...

Americans tend to be puritanical about alcohol. Irish people tend to binge.

Should you drink whiskey...

Well, the American nurses, in the huge American nurses study, who live the longest are those who, shock, horror, drink FOUR drinks a day...

Not drinking at all is in the Western World a risk-factor for heart disease.

The "Units of Alcohol" quoted by the British are just a made up guidline.

I would say that, ideally, as long as someone can control it, having say one or two whiskies, or glasses of wine (measured of course) five nights a week is a good thing to do healthwise. If you can't control it, have none.

I like whiskey and mostly drink it. I drink wine socially. I like beer but don't drink much of it anymore because it's pretty fattening..

Hic!

-- hide signature --

Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh (Irish Gaelic)
A good word never broke a tooth.

I liked the bit about the American nurses study and the risk factor for heart disease ( I mean you can't be too careful now can you?) and thought I'd work it into the conversation over dinner tonight, but here's the problem. My wife's great great grandmother died earlier this year at the age of 98, she's got a pile of other relatives in her extended family who are in their 70/80s and as far as I know they all have 1 thing in common, they're never drunk whiskey in their lives! I'd have a snowflakes chance in hell of getting that one past her. I'll stick to testing on my HDTV.

Kevin Jorgensen's gear list:Kevin Jorgensen's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow